Vice Chair-IEEMA Renewable Energy
& Storage Division
E-MOBILITY CAN DOUBLE ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY POTENTIAL
E-Mobility presents a new & huge opportunity for the Electrical industry to expand and grow significantly. The business potential arising from the e-mobility opportunity in India is expected to rival the business size of the traditional electrical industry in the coming years.
It is thus time for the Indian Electrical & Electronics Industry to understand & adapt to be able to realise this immense potential.
Large Opportunities in EV Charging, Battery cell & pack manufacturing, Power Electronics, EV Motors, Cables, Connectors, IOT based cloud applications and Connectivity solutions shall open up.
Accessing these opportunities needs serious innovation, investments and commitment from the Industry. New Business models are opening up and a host of new start-ups are already making a mark on this industry.
The “E-MOBILITY” track in E-TechNXT@ELECRAMA 2020 aims to highlight these opportunities, technology trends, understanding risks & challenges and solutions needed for servicing the rapidly evolving E-MOBILITY domain.
The E-Mobility track shall showcase the latest E-Mobility “TECH” trends that shall include key technologies & trends in:
- EV Charging Products, Solutions & Infrastructure
- Battery Technologies
- Power train technologies including power electronic drives & motors
- Battery Swapping Digitalisation of Mobility & Fleet Applications
- Digitalisation of Mobility & Fleet Applications
- Drones & the Digital Sky
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell
Opportunities and Challenges in EV Charging Infra business in India. A panel discussion on the following key topics:
- Opportunities for EV Charging in India – Public V Pvt; PV vs 2/3W vs. CV; Captive vs private charging opportunities
- Battery Swapping Vs Charging – what makes sense and what are the short, mid and long-term options
- How to make the EV Charging infrastructure services an economically feasible business proposition?
- Risks and Challenges in the business
- Ideal solutions for Charging business in India
- Standards for the business
IET FOMT Session – Introduction to IET FOMT and its Plans in India
Policy / regulations for the E-Mobility Sector – A panel discussion on the following aspects:
- FAME 2 – Implications & Opportunities
- Global best practices (regulatory) for E-Mobility domain-are they relevant from an Indian market perspective
- Current state of Policy frameworks in the country for the E-Mobility Sector
- What policy interventions are required for ICE & EVs to successfully co-exist?