Vice Chair-IEEMA Renewable Energy
& Storage Division
E-MOBILITY CAN DOUBLE ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY POTENTIAL
E-Mobility presents a new & huge opportunity for the Electrical industry to expand and grow significantly. The business potential arising from the e-mobility opportunity in India is expected to rival the business size of the traditional electrical industry in the coming years.
It is thus time for the Indian Electrical & Electronics Industry to understand & adapt to be able to realise this immense potential.
Large Opportunities in EV Charging, Battery cell & pack manufacturing, Power Electronics, EV Motors, Cables, Connectors, IOT based cloud applications and Connectivity solutions shall open up.
Accessing these opportunities needs serious innovation, investments and commitment from the Industry. New Business models are opening up and a host of new start-ups are already making a mark on this industry.
The “E-MOBILITY” track in E-TechNXT@ELECRAMA 2020 aims to highlight these opportunities, technology trends, understanding risks & challenges and solutions needed for servicing the rapidly evolving E-MOBILITY domain.
The E-Mobility track shall showcase the latest E-Mobility “TECH” trends that shall include key technologies & trends in:
- EV Charging Products, Solutions & Infrastructure
- Battery Technologies
- Power train technologies including power electronic drives & motors
- Battery Swapping Digitalisation of Mobility & Fleet Applications
- Digitalisation of Mobility & Fleet Applications
- Drones & the Digital Sky
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell
Opportunities and Challenges in EV Charging Infra business in India. A panel discussion on the following key topics:
- Opportunities for EV Charging in India – Public V Pvt; PV vs 2/3W vs. CV; Captive vs private charging opportunities
- Battery Swapping Vs Charging – what makes sense and what are the short, mid and long-term options
- How to make the EV Charging infrastructure services an economically feasible business proposition?
- Risks and Challenges in the business
- Ideal solutions for Charging business in India
- Standards for the business
IET FOMT Session – Introduction to IET FOMT and its Plans in India
Policy / regulations for the E-Mobility Sector – A panel discussion on the following aspects:
- FAME 2 – Implications & Opportunities
- Global best practices (regulatory) for E-Mobility domain-are they relevant from an Indian market perspective
- Current state of Policy frameworks in the country for the E-Mobility Sector
- What policy interventions are required for ICE & EVs to successfully co-exist?
Energy Storage System
at ABB India Limited
Storage Solutions, Fluence Energy
With more than 2GWh of live grid scale opportunities, India is placed on the cusp of adopting the Energy storage system on a large scale. For India, renewable energy holds the key to meeting its carbon emissions target made at the Paris Agreement on Climate Change in 2016. It needs to reduce its carbon footprint by a third in 2030 and ensure that 40% of its electricity comes from non-fossil fuel-based sources. That can be made possible if there’s higher take off of 175GW of planned renewable energy and it’s smooth integration to grid. This is where energy storage will play a key role in Indian grid.
To achieve our national ambition of meeting carbon emission target and to give the energy storage industry a constructive push, we need to formulate a very effective amalgamation.
- Regulatory policies and framework for grid scale Energy storage system
- Emerging technology of Energy storage systems and services
- Imminent opportunity the market has to offer for all the players in the entire ecosystem
- Effective localization – that shall provide a boost to the industry and help in reducing the cost
Distributed Energy Storage
- Roof Top Solar+ Storage
- Microgrids and Others
- Futuristic Technologies in Renewable Energy
- Power Quality Management Products
- Monitoring and Condition Equipment
- Energy Storage Devices
Energy Storage Track discussions will deliberate in the areas of:
- Technology and applications
- Policy and Standards
- Manufacturing Capability and
- Capacity Building
Opportunities for electrical industry in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- In Transmission Systems – DSM & Power Quality Management
- In Distribution Systems – DSM & PQM
- Technologies & Economics
- Policy Framework & Regulatory
- Opportunities for Industry
As the push for electric mobility and energy storage increases and the adoption grows, the startups are expected to play a key role in technology evolution in the country. With the objective of identifying and helping the high potential players in the domain of EV and energy storage through mentoring, market exposure, industry connects and bringing international visibility, we are looking to onboard the interested players and promote them through our platform.
Startup forum is being driven in partnership with NASSCOM CoE-IoT & AI, Gurugram and IET IoT panel.
Upskilling in New Technology
Secure Meters Ltd.
for IoE (MAC4IoE),
ARE YOU FUTURE READY?
The only skill that will be important in the 21st Century is the skill of learning new skills. Everything else will become obsolete over time – Peter Drucker
A decoupling of revenue and headcount growth is visible even today, employers and employees need to adapt themselves to the changing job environment arising out of technological shifts in order to meet stakeholder expectations.
The problem is too large to be handled alone. It needs a collaborative industry level response.
About 80% of leaders do not believe their workforce has the right skills to work with advanced technologies and skill sets.
When skilling is driven by a market mechanism, the outcomes are magical, which means that organisations have to invest in training and various new ways of learning. To thrive and just not survive in this time of high velocity changes, organisations and individuals need to embrace lifelong learning using technologies. Given that technology plays a huge role in development, it has now spread its grandeur in skill development of India.
Get in touch
For More Information, Contact: